Due to the COVID-19 crisis added safety precautions have been put in place if your mortgage approval requires an interior appraisal. Appraisals are considered an essential business and are being conducted at this time. The goal is to limit exposure for you as well as for our panel appraisers. These procedures have allowed our clients and the appraisers to remain healthy, safe and reduce the spread of the virus.
- If you have traveled in the past 10 days, been exposed or have symptoms of Covid-19, or are in quarantine after being tested, please let us know.
- If an appraisal is required the appraiser will be inside your home for approximately 10-15 minutes, they sanitize their hands, clipboards, writing utensils, measuring equipment, and phones prior to coming in your home.
- Appraisers will wear gloves and can wear masks.
- At your inspection, they will be requesting that you open all doors, front door and to all interior rooms and turn on all lights prior to their arrival. This will allow them to have minimal contact with all surfaces inside your house.
- They try to not touch anything in your home and do not take anything from your home, such as list of improvements that you may have drafted. They will not be leaving anything at your home such as a business card.
- They will be asking that you email any improvements you have made to your property since purchasing or improvements in the last five years.
These procedures have worked very well in the past months and we look for your corporation moving forward. Again, we take exposure to COVID-19 very seriously and we look forward to completing your mortgage transaction safely. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and encourage you to contact us directly (call/text 651-283-1305, Email AskNate@RefinedLending.com) should you have any questions.
We wish you all safety, peace and good health!
Nathan Raich | Regional Manager |NMLS 224046
For more details on the COVID-19 virus please visit the CDC ( Center for Disease Control) website: CDC Website