Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE (I.E., 19 YEARS OF AGE IN ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA; 21 YEARS OF AGE IN MISSISSIPPI). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: Refined Lending, division of Goldwater Bank N.A., NMLS 452955\ HOM Furniture Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Central Standard Time (CST) on November 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59PM ET on May 30, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), regardless of where they reside, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry and of the age of majority in their state of residence (i.e., 19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 years of age in Mississippi; 18 years of age in all other states) (“Entrant”). Employees of Refined Lending (“Sponsor”), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Any right to receive a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Refined Lending division of Goldwater Bank N.A., NMLS 452955 and HOM Furniture Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will award one (1) Grand Prize winner a gift card for $10,000 to HOM Furniture. All entrants will receive one (1) chance to win. ALL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY- MUST FOLLOW REFINED LENDING ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO WIN. The Grand Prize winner will be selected at random via a live drawing and broadcast on Refined Lending’s Facebook page on May 30, 2022.
- HERE’S HOW TO REGISTER: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by submitting the Sweepstakes registration form, available at www.refinedlending.com (a “Registration”). Entrants must complete the Registration with all required information to receive one (1) entry for the Grand Prize drawings .Once selected and submitted, an Entrant’s information cannot be changed. Limit one (1) Registration per person and per email address and phone number combination. In the event multiple people share a phone number, a phone number may be used for Registration by a maximum of 5 people. An email address may only be used for one Registration and a person may use only one email address for Registration. Attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple Registrations and/or attempt to receive more Entries than allowed as set forth above, in violation of these Official Rules by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, and logins, or any other methods are prohibited and all Entries made by such an individual will be disqualified if detected. Automated Entries are prohibited and the use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your internet service provider may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone and usage charges imposed by your mobile service carrier may apply. Normal phone/usage/subscription access charges imposed by your mobile service carrier will apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device. All Entries shall be the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. Authorized Account Holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS AND ODDS OF WINNING:A random drawing will occur on or about May 30, 2022 to select (1) Grand Prize winner will be conducted from among all eligible Registrations received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All eligible Registrations will be entered only once into the Grand Prize drawing. The following details of each potential winner will be listed at www.RefinedLending.com beginning on 5/30/22: first name, last initial, city and state of residence; all winners are subject to verification of eligibility and this list is subject to change as a result of the winner verification process. I.e. potential winners who have been disqualified may be removed from the list and alternate potential winners (or verified winners) may be added. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received. Approximate odds of winning a First Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entrants.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:ALL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY. Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone using the information provided on the Registration form beginning on or about November 15, 2021. Administrator will email notifications to potential winners who will be required to electronically sign and return via email, a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (“Required Paperwork”), which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; and (ii) confirms the release, representation and warranties and indemnification specified herein. If Required Paperwork is returned as undeliverable or is not returned within 5 business days, prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Administrator. Administrator will make up to (3) telephone attempts to each potential winner within the aforementioned 5 business day period. If no one is available to accept the call, no message will be left. Sponsor is not responsible for change in phone number, mailing address or email address. Potential winners will be required to accept the income tax liability for the total value of the prize(s) for which they are being considered (an entrant could potentially win a First Prize and a Grand Prize). Entrant’s failure to timely return the Required Paperwork may result in his/her forfeiture of the prize. All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An Entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete and that they have been declared a winner (“a Winner”) by Administrator. If any potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or winner does not respond to notification in the time set forth herein, or such winner does not otherwise accept the prize as awarded, such potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to require potential winner to provide information necessary for Administrator to conduct a background check to confirm that such party is an eligible Entrant as defined herein and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any non-eligible Entrant.
- PRIZES:(1) Grand Prize – a gift card for $10,000 from HOM Furniture. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per person. The winners will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winners cannot assign their prize check to another party. Prize checks will be mailed to winners within approximately 90 days of winner verification. Prizes will only be mailed to addresses within the 50 United States or Washington, D.C. Each winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the value of his/her complete prize(s) and may be required to complete a W-9 tax form. As a condition of accepting their prize, winners may be required to participate in reasonable press or other public relations activities as requested by Sponsor.
- GENERAL RULES: Prizes may not be transferred or substituted at any time, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and any other fees or costs associated with acceptance of the prizes are the responsibility of each winner, as applicable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his/her Entry) determined to be in violation of these Official Rules or determined to have acted in an otherwise disruptive or dishonest manner or who tampers with the Entry process. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise or any incomplete or inaccurate information resulting from same. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and may award the prizes from among all non-suspect eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, if any, in a manner it deems equitable and fair.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing if requested) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, HOM Furniture, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any: (i) act, failure to act, delay, or error relating to the transmitting or processing of Entries; (ii) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected Entries or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail to be sent or received between Sponsor and Entrant on account of technical problems, email rate limitations, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Sweepstakes; (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Sweepstakes; (iv) any conditions caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any losses, liabilities, or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from awarding, receipt, acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded to Entrant in the Sweepstakes, including any item redeemed therewith or from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to the Sweepstakes; or (vii) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE:THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ITS OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN BLAINE, MINNESOTA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MINNESOTA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE CITY OF DETROIT. EACH ENTRANT (OR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF ENTRANT IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE) AGREES THAT THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER (AND HERBY WAIVES THE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM) PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARD SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- PUBLICITY:EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, FOOTAGE (IF APPLICABLE) AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By entering into this Sweepstakes, Entrant represents and warrants that: (i) any information supplied by Entrant (including personally identifiable information) is accurate; (ii) Entrant has the right to provide such information to Sponsor and to grant the consents to use such information as provided herein; (iii) use of such information by Entrant or by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes, as described in these Official Rules or for other promotional purposes will not violate the rights of Entrant or any third party; and (iv) that Entrant is at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and of the age of majority in Entrant’s state of residence, as defined in Rule #2.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Refined Lending, division of Goldwater Bank N.A., NMLS 452955 and administered by Refined Lending,9240 Baltimore ST NE, #110, Blaine MN 55449.
This Sweepstakes is in no way offered, sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Refined Lending, division of Goldwater Bank N.A., NMLS 452955, shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HOM Furniture (as defined in these Official Rules) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded.